Director of Philanthropy
PLEASE APPLY USING WEBSITE LINK ON THE RIGHT HAND SIDE OF PAGE
Job Title: Director of Philanthropy
Reports To: Executive Director/CEO
Details: Full-time Position, salary $55,000 to $65,000 annually, commensurate with education, experience and demonstrated proficiency
Closing date: May 31, 2019
Organization: Habitat for Humanity of Forsyth Co. has fundamentally changed lives for more than 400 Partner Families right here in our community through new homeownership opportunities, home remodels and repair, and training. Habitat for Humanity of Forsyth County, rooted in Christian principles, brings together community partners and volunteers from all faiths to help qualified Partner Families construct, renovate and purchase well-built, affordable homes and become successful homeowners.
Position Summary: The Director of Philanthropy is part of the organization’s leadership team and must be an independent self-starter with creativity, vision, and talent for increasing the philanthropic giving outcomes, while at the same time being a strong networker and community spokesperson.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• In coordination with the Executive Director:
o Develop and provide energetic leadership to Habitat Forsyth’s fund development plan
o Increase Board participation, fundraising activities, and overall engagement
o Prepare reports and documents for Board of Directors and committees
o Meet fundraising annual goals
• Develop, maintain, manage, and grow current corporate, foundation, and individual support through development strategies, stewardship, other giving opportunities,
• Be able to implement a moves management strategy to increase the amount of monthly giving.
• Nurture current relationships, develop new relationships and opportunities that will allow for successful solicitation of the Affiliate’s annual building fund for house construction, renovation, and repairs.
• Develop and oversee donor stewardship practices implemented by development staff including major donor efforts, stewardship, gift receipting benefits fulfillment, recognition and retention opportunities, and activities.
• Responsible for creating and working with development team to implementing Annual Giving Campaign (spring appeal, targeted donor appeals, year-end ask, holiday appeals, board giving appeal) and all components including proposals, asks, and donor relations materials.
• Oversee the establishment of a planned giving campaign
• Oversee special fund-raising events to include but not limited to: Hammerbird 5K, Drive One for Habitat Golf Tournament and the, Benevon Model, Blueprint Breakfast.
• Develop and administer development budget.
• Serve as lead staff member to Resource Development Committee.
• Attend meetings and provide reports to Executive Committee, Finance Committee, and Board of Directors.
• In coordination with volunteer engagement staff and event staff
o Increase community volunteer participation and overall engagement for construction, restore, events, etc. with consistent communication and convening
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university is required. An advanced degree in management, business or related field is preferred, as is professional fundraising or non-profit certification.
• Minimum of seven years of professional experience in development, senior management or related field is required. Demonstrated experience and success in ongoing fund-raising campaigns, exceeding $1 million, with strong knowledge of fundraising and philanthropic principles, ethics, and practices.
• Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs, including PowerPoint and Publisher.
• Proficient in donor analysis. Experience with data collecting, recording, and reporting essential. Knowledge of development or volunteer engagement software, especially Blackbaud, Etapestry, is preferred.
• Knowledge of budgets and financial management tools
Character and Competencies:
• Strongly support the mission, vision, direction of Habitat Forsyth. Commitment to core values of Habitat, including service, collaboration, diversity, stewardship.
• Understanding of affordable housing issues and strengths and challenges of low-wealth communities.
• Proven track record of developing relationships with high net-worth individuals with prior experience with the funding community of Winston-Salem/Forsyth County with general knowledge of local community dynamics and networks, including a wide range of revenue streams; realized and potential.
• Strong and demonstrated knowledge of fund-raising and philanthropic principles and applications.
• Be a confident and knowledgeable spokesperson for Habitat for Humanity of Forsyth County
• Excellent judgment and sound decision-making capacity:
• Strong time-management, planning, motivational, leadership, and organizational skills
• Flexibility, adaptability, creative, upbeat, positive, and personable
• Able to relate well to diverse populations—age, race, class, gender, and creed – while maintaining confidentiality as needed
• Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
• Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including some nights and weekends
Essential Physical Functions:
• On any given day, may be required to do one or more of the following: standing for long periods, light lifting, moving, and walking.