Yoga for Healthy Aging Intensive with Baxter Bell and Melina Meza
Monday - Friday, September 21-25, 2020: 9 am - noon and 1:30 - 4:30
$800 before June 1, 2020 and $850 after.
For certification: Saturday, September 26: 9 am – noon. Additional certification fee = $150.
Join medical doctor Baxter Bell and Melina Meza for an enlightening and informative program that focuses on practical strategies for a lifetime of vitality and well-being. This intensive includes expert medical information and adapted yoga postures for maintaining physical, mental, and emotional wellness. Practitioners learn to set themselves up for a lifetime of healthy living; 200-hour yoga teachers have the opportunity to receive Yoga for Healthy Aging certification.
· Daily practices to support the circulatory system and heart health
· Yoga for managing stress, optimizing brain health, and experiencing equanimity
· How and why yoga supports healthy aging
· Essential yoga poses, sequences, and other health-promoting practices
· Movement sequences for strength, flexibility, balance, and agility
· How to cultivate long-term balance
· Ayurveda for healthy aging
Yoga teachers can enhance their teaching toolkit, and yoga students at all levels of experience can benefit from tools to create a personalized yoga program that meets their particular needs and concerns.
Recommended reading Baxter Bell and Nina Zolotow, Yoga for Healthy Aging. The book is required for certification.
INFORMATION ABOUT CERTIFICATION
Certification is offered for an additional fee of $150 and you must register for that separately. To be certified in Yoga for Healthy Aging, you must hold a 200-hour yoga teacher certification, provide proof of teacher-training completion, do a short teaching demonstration during the special Saturday session to the faculty’s satisfaction, and pass an open-book exam within one month of the last day of the intensive.